Are you in a new relationship? Has your current relationship lost some of its pizzazz? Here are a few simple ways to help make your relationship stronger.
Excerpt From the Article – Tips on Making Your Relationship Stronger by Shelia M. Goss
• Listen to your mate. Sounds simple doesn’t it? When was the last time you really took the time to listen to what your mate has to say? Next time you talk, try not to interrupt—be a sounding board.
• Give your mate your undivided attention. This means that sometimes you need to let that call go to voice mail; turn off the TV; pull yourself away from email and that computer—you get the point.
• Schedule a date night. Whether it’s once a week or once a month, new and old couples need a night just to themselves. If you have kids, find a reliable babysitter. Do what you have to do so that you and your mate can keep the flames burning. Keep in tune to what attracted you to your mate in the first place.
• Allow your mate some “me time.” Every now and then we all need to spend time away from our mates—whether it’s to read, a long hot bubble bath, a trip to the spa, hanging out with friends, or just quiet time alone. Believe it or not this can help your relationship.
• Give a card, send an email/text message or make a phone call “just because.” Don’t wait for special holidays or birthdays to show that you care. Do something every week, if not every day to let your mate know that you’re thinking of them. And not out of any obligation, but because of your genuine affection towards them.
• Share a part of yourself that you don’t share with anyone else. This helps create a special bond and should bring you closer.
• Make a special CD with both of your favorite songs. Don’t forget to make duplicates so you both can have a copy to listen to when you’re apart (smile).
What are some things you’ve tried that have added spice into your love life?