Here are the answers to last week’s Fact or Fiction. I enjoyed reading your responses.
Here are ten statements allegedly about me. Which are true and which are false?
- I’m from Louisiana and I grew up on a farm. We had to get up at 5 am every morning to do chores before walking a mile to the bus stop to get to school. False. I grew up in the 2nd largest city in the state of Louisiana. I’ve always been a city girl; although I visited my grandparents in the country every Sunday after church while growing up and spent some summers in the country.
- I met Maya Angelou in the 9th grade at a freshman lock-in. I didn’t realize then, how important that encounter would impact me later. True. Up until that point I had never met an AA writer. After meeting Maya Angelou and seeing first hand the passion that words could evoke, I knew then that writing was something I wanted to do.
- One of my brothers taped my phone conversation with my boyfriend (is that legal???) when I was a teenager and later tried to bribe me not to tell our parents. True. I laugh now thinking about it.
- I married my college sweetheart, but later divorced him after I found out he was on the DL (a dirty leech). False. I have never been married. I was engaged to my college sweetheart and didn’t marry him because he was on the DL (a dirty leech) among other reasons.
- My best friend and I got into a big argument about nothing and didn’t talk for two years. False. We did get into a big disagreement about nothing but it was only a few weeks before someone contacted the other. I can’t recall who.
- Besides writing, drawing is another one of my favorite things to do. False. I couldn’t draw a straight line with a ruler. My brothers were blessed with that talent. I was blessed with the writing gene.
- I performed as one part of this singing duo on The Main Circuit, a local version of Soul Train. True. If I ever get my hand on the video; I might just post it here. Not. 🙂 Me and Cassandra used to rehearse after school…back then I could out dance Janet…and yes, I mean Ms. Jackson.
- I’ve gone to Paris several times. True. Paris, Texas that is. Michelle, I loved your answer. I do plan on going to Paris, France one day though.
- I’ve been engaged twice. True. Fortunately for me I didn’t marry either one…the college sweetheart nor my second ex-fiance; because I would be twice divorce by now since I’m not with either one.
- I am Anna Nicole Smith’s cousin. The verdict is still out on this one. Her real last name is the same as my family. I sometimes kid that she’s our white cousin from Texas. I guess we’ll never know.
The winners from the contest last week either posted a comment on the blog and/or a member of my yahoogroup mailing list: Kim and Michelle please look for an email offloop. Congrats on winning the giftcards. Thanks again to PrincessDominiqueMultimedia.com for sponsoring the contest.